Getting new clients can be fun, engaging and creative! Three questions I recommend you ask yourself when deciding on your most effective marketing activities are:
1. Which ones provide the best return for least effort?
2. Which of these activities am I reasonably good at?
3. Which of these do I have the least resistance to?
These are my 6 simple steps to generate new clients for women entrepreneurs. It will give you a clear, step-by-step process that is easy to follow.
1) Clarify who is your ideal client. Identify who they are according to their: values, income, geography, and age.
2) Identify the problem they have that you love to solve.
3) Articulate how you solve that problem. (What is the benefit to them?)
4) Think about where those potential clients hang out (e.g. clubs, organizations, associations, online social groups, etc.)
5) Make a list of the top 3 most fun and efficient marketing activities that you could do to engage with those potential customers. (i.e. speaking, networking, hosting events, trade shows, email newsletter, etc.)
6) Put those activities in your calendar!
By Mary O’Connor, Founder of The Ecstatic-Entrepreneur.com